Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Freddy























My whole life I have grown up thinking that I had an older sister.  I thought what it would be like to meet her, if she looked like me, talked like me etc.  I found out on my journey to Colombia, that I never had an older sister, that the whole time I had a brother.  His name was Freddy and for those of you who have been following my blog, you know that he was murdered in April of 2010.  Even though I never got to meet him, the idea of having an older brother is still effecting me.  I have been asking myself "what would Freddy say?" about various situations.  I feel that an older brother would be protective of me, insightful, and picky on my behalf.  He would remind me to work hard, and to respect myself.  He would want the best for me.

He was a serious guy in pictures, but I was lucky to watch some videos of him.  When I got Magnolia the DVD player for her birthday, we found some home movies and DVD's with slideshows.  The way he treated our younger sister Juliet and how he embraced his baby girl, I am sure he would have been that way with me too.  He was over 6 feet, I am 5'4, Juliet is just shy of 5 feet.

I never knew it was possible to miss someone you never met, and never knew existed.  I guess it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment