Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

What Now?

Now that I have returned so many people have asked me what happens now, people have even assumed that my blog is over.  This story isn't over, I don't know what lies ahead, but I know that this isn't the end of my story.  At this very moment, I have answered imoortant questions that were holding me back in my home life.  I have explored my heritage.  Now is the time to get my life at home together.  To start a career that embraces my talents, where I can be my creative self.  I have decided to start a career in Event Planning and Coordinating, or to work towards that.  In addition once I find a position, I would like to continue to volunteer here.  I would like to give my time to children, hopefully the children's hospital, my schedule permitting.  In some way or another I will incorporate giving back into my life.  I have had friends express a desire to start volunteering too, so I will help anyone who wants to find ways to help that will work for them.

I made a commitment to myself to blog my journey to Colombia everyday, I kept that commitment and found it therapeutic and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.  I think I will keep this blog up, blogging about everything that makes me tick.  My love of fashion, makeup, baking, DIY (do it yourself projects), family, dogs, volunteering, traveling, and my adventures with work.  I will not be doing a blog post everyday anymore, but when I'm inspired to I will post.

I intend on seeing the world, and after this recent adventure volunteering all over the world.  I would like to find someone to practice regularly with my Spanish. I would like to stay in contact with Magnolia and Juliet, and I would like to visit them again. We have hurdles in the form of language barriers mostly, and distance.  I think with technology and its reach, it will help to make these hurdles easier to overcome.

Magnolia wrote in her last letter to me, that I was brave to travel to Colombia and search for her without knowing what lay ahead.  I am starting to embrace the notion of bravery on my part, but the truly brave person in this equation is her.  To give a child up for adoption not knowing what is in store for that baby, but trusting that everything will work out.  Leaving my destiny in fates hands, and then to reopen the pain and guilt associated with the adoption and open her heart to meet me, and incorporate me into her life.  Magnolia is the brave one, as I said in my letter to her before knowing that I would ever meet her, I thank her once again for giving me life and opportunity through adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment