Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting Settled

Tuesday was great.  I realized that I react to the difference in altitude by just feeling really tired.   I woke up late and was still exhausted for the majority of the day.  Ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast...it was ok.

Around one o'clock (which was supposed to be twelve) Magnolia and I met up with Gabby. Colombians don't seem to regard time in the same way as we do in America.  Magnolia was cooking at 11:20 when we were supposed to leave at 11:30.

 Gabby and I went to the mall near the building where she has her swim practice. First on the priority  list was a cup of coffee!   The mall was pretty expensive so we didn't shop much. It was really nice to just hang with Gabby. She brought me a cell phone and I bought me an international SIM card. That night I was able to speak to my parents and another important person in my life. I felt so much better being connected to the world and safer knowing I can call Gabby and Guillermo if I'm lost.    At 4pm I headed back to magnolias for the remainder of the day.  Tatiana and Marlon were full of energy and life but I needed a siesta. So I slept for a few hours before Julieth returned from work. When Julieth arrived we went out three separate times to go to different stores for different items. Each time Marlon and Tati came along and Tati eagerly wanted to learn English so we counted to 100 each time there and back. We all had dinner and went to bed.  I slept with Julieth, Miguel, and Marlon...crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment