Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Trip with Some Waves

Last night Julieth invited some of her friends to sleep over before we all ventured to a water park 2 hours outside of Bogota on Sunday.  Julieth and her husband went to his brothers house to drop off Marlon there for the night.  The apartment is quant, and I never slept by myself.  At around 10pm, I mentioned that I wanted to go to bed and for some reason Magnolia brought all of Julieth's friends into Julieth's room, and while I was trying to wind down and go to sleep for over an hour talked loudly and watched tv with all of them.  I eventually went to sleep only to be woken up several times.

I must have gotten 3 hours of sleep, as we had to get up at 5 am to go to the water park.  I felt sick when I got up, sore throat and slight headache. I had hot chocolate and some cereal.

In the morning I told Magnolia and Julieth my plans to leave the next day to go hang out with Gabby. They knew prior that this was the plan but they thought I would leave at night.  I explained I was to leave at noon, and Magnolia started crying.  I got frustrated because I have spent a majority of the time I had with them, and I felt like she was guilting me to stay longer.  She was not being understanding that I wanted to have more time with Gabby and Guillermo.  I just felt like nothing I could do or say would make her happy.  I just want her to be happy that I came to visit for a second time within the last year.  It just made me feel really guilty and awkward.

We got on the bus at 7am.  We arrived to the water park and waited in lines for admission for an hour or so. By 10 we were in, my head was pounding and I needed water and something to eat.  I got a small water and a small empanada.  We jumped right into swimming and going on slides. My head really started to hurt more, so much so that when we were in line for tubes I couldn't stand anymore.  I thought I might pass out. I tried to communicate as best as possible, but I couldn't explain that I thought it was altitude sickness.

I sat down on a bench with Julieth. It took them awhile to get the tubes for the next ride. Once they did, Magnolia dragged me up the hill in an almost run, without asking how I was feeling.  The lack of empathy really bothered me.  Luckily after that ride we finally got lunch, it was 2pm. I was instructed to eat fast so we could go on more rides immediately.  I was so grateful for the lines so I could digest a little.  The bus driver said he wanted everyone back at 5:30pm, we were still going on rides at 5:15pm.  I was nervous the bus would leave us but no one else was concerned. The park itself was pretty cool, it was a zoo and a large waterpark.  The rides were a lot of fun, and if it was less rushed I might have enjoyed it more. Generally it was good once we had lunch.

We got to the bus at 6:15pm, and back to Bogota at 9:30pm.

We went to bed. Julieth told me how much she will miss me, and think about me everyday.  I told her I felt the same, and I truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment