Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Parting Thoughts

As I sit here on my final flight to Boston, many thoughts swarm my head but mostly the constant reminder that I was given one life and opportunity that I wouldn't have otherwise had.  Sometimes in life we need to be selfish and sometimes we need to let courage surpass fear of disappointing others. We need to embrace the good within ourselves, and we need to value what we ourselves bring to the table...because if we don't on our own, nobody else will.  Sometimes you have to change directions a few times in order to find the right path, the course that just feels right.  Some people will change directions more in the beginning, I am one of those people. A dreamer, now becoming a believer that those dreams can become more of a reality than I had ever thought.  I have learned a lot about myself over the last 5 years, and a lot more in the last 1.  I have a renewed sense that everything happens for a reason, and not to waste one more moment of life on something that doesn't resonate within my soul.  I do not know what the future holds, but I can not live in fear of failure disappointing others.  I am so happy to be going to my true home, with the people that I feel most connected to in the world...my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment