Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Reflections

This trip was more of a cultural shock for me.  Last time I stayed with the family, it was every weekend for a few days.  Constantly meeting at malls, and going to do different things.

This trip I was truly living there for a longer period of time. Some things that were difficult for me to adjust to were the following:

They are always late!  If I said we have to be somewhere at a certain time because I made plans, we were always 45-1&1/2 late. No apologies, and no worries.

They stay up super late.

Ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast...why though?

Not a lot of personal space.

The lack of drinking water, I found that I was constantly dehydrated.

The music is played so loud, and coming from me that means REALLY loud.

Things I will miss:


Family time dancing in the living room just because

Fresh juice every morning

Teaching English to my niece

No comments:

Post a Comment