Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Letter for Juliet

I decided to write letters for my sister and birthmother to get translated before I spend the weekend.  I want them to know more about me as a person and individual.  I cant really express myself right now because of my difficulty with the language.  I am not quite sure if I will be able to get these letters translated by tomorrow, but here is the one for Juliet and I will add another post of Magnolia's.  It is an emotional process to write these letters and to think of question I want answered and what I think they might want to know about me.  Hopefully these letters will make us feel closer.  I left the tough questions out of my letters for now, as I want to build more of a comfort zone before asking them.  Mostly questions regarding my birthfather, and also if Magnolia will tell everyone about me eventually.



Here it is:

To my beautiful sister,

  I always thought I had an older sister, and wondered what she would be like.  I was shocked to find out that the sister I had imagined was a brother.  I am sad that I didn’t get the chance to meet him, but I feel close to him by being around you and Magnolia.  Having a younger sibling was a big surprise, and I am so glad to have the sister I dreamed of.  

You impress me so much, because before Saturday you never knew of my existence.  You could have reacted in many ways, but the way you chose was with love and acceptance.  You have confirmed for me that they way I love is a family trait we have.  You inspire me to handle situations that surprise us, with an open mind, heart, and with love.  

Even though it is hard for us to communicate, I get a sense of your character.  You are a beautiful, loving, open, and caring person.  I hope that you sense the same about me.  I love watching you mother your beautiful son, and be nurturing to other babies and animals.  You really are my sister, and I really do love you.

I wanted to write you this letter to be able to express myself to you, to give you an idea of how I feel about you and also who I am as a person.  You can write me a letter this weekend, and I can have it translated and we can continue until my spanish gets better.

Here is a little more about myself.  My favorite color is a minty blue green, the scarf in one of my profile pictures on facebook is that color.  I also like coral, the other scarf in some pictures is that color.  I like to go to the movies, go shopping, listening to music, I love trying new foods, and meeting new people.  I am very outgoing, when I know the language.  I am a very creative person, I like to paint my nails, and I make clothes.  I like to keep pictures of family and friends, all around me in my room at home.  When I love someone, I give them my whole heart, and sometimes they don’t deserve it.  I am a strong believer that it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.  For that reason I live with an open heart.  I think you are like that too, am I right?

You were wondering what my tattoos mean.  Well here is a description of all of them, in order that I got them:

  1. Shortly after my 18th birthday, I got my first tattoo.  It was a design I created.  It is a heart with the date of the day I got adopted.  The heart goes into a star of david, from the jewish religion.  The sides of the star have the Colombian flag and the American flag, to represent my journey from Colombia to the States.  The star also attached to 2 lilies, because lily was my first dog and she was the sweetest dog.  And under the star I have my name Sara, because I thought that my birth mother named me that and she wanted me to live like the meaning of Sara, like a princess.  That tattoo is located on my lower back.  
  2. The text on my upper back.  It says COEXIST and is written in all the religious symbols, and it has a peace sign, woman, and man symbols.  It means that people from all walks of life, and all backgrounds should live together without judgement and in peace.
  3. I have a tulip tattoo, which is one of my favorite flowers on my thigh.  It has a ladybug on the leaf, and that is for my grandmother.  The mother of my dad, when she was dying she had Alzheimer's disease and forgot a lot of things.  Eventually she forgot who I was, it was too painful for me to keep visiting her.  When she died we got the stuff she kept with her.  I had given her a lady bug stuffed animal and she kept it with her up until she died.  It meant a lot to me that she kept it. 
  4. The largest tattoo is the one on my shoulder, it is a Lotus flower surrounded my japanese cherry blossoms.  When I went to asia, there were lotus flowers at all of the temples, and in a lot of art.  They are a beautiful flower, and so I researched the meaning.  Lotus flowers grow out of mud, which is suppossed to be an enviornment that not much is capable of growth.  Yet the lotus still blooms, and is beautiful despite where it is from.  I like that for every difficult situation to make it into something beautiful, to see a challenge and to rise above it, gracefully.  The japanese cherry blossoms, are also revered in asia.  They bloom very quickly, all together and then fall quickly.  In some countries they are viewed as a symbol of beauty and youth and how it fades, and in other countries it represents how short life is.  I like both meanings, and it helps keep into perspective that life is short, and what is really important in life.
  5. I have a peacock feather on my wrist.  Peacocks are know as proud birds, and I need to be more confident sometimes.  Also peacocks eat poisonous plants and survive, it reminds me that no matter how tough things are, I can too survive.
  6. I have my hebrew name tattooed on the right side of my back.  Kayla Shimona, it has influences from my family members.
  7. I have Thumper from the disney movie Bambi, and his girlfriend on my ribs.  They are for my puppies, who remind me of silly bunnies sometimes.  I love them so much.
  8. Lastly I have my parents birthdays on my ribs in roman numerals.  I have been planning to add to it my aunts birthday.  

If you have questions for me, or if you want to tell me about yourself please write me sometime this weekend and I will get it translated.

What is your favorite color?
Movie?
Food?
Game?
Thing to do for fun?

That is all I have for now. 
Love your sister,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment