Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Letter to Magnolia

I had decided to write my birth mother a letter weeks ago, but procrastinated until this previous wednesday to do so.  It is one of those things where there is so much that can be said and so much that also doesn't need to be said.  I wanted to express gratitude for her decision and also express a desire to meet her.  While doing that I also decided that I needed to not put too many expectations on what our future relationship could be.  I wanted it to be a letter that if she read and still could not see me, at least I expressed what I needed to about her decision.  That being said here is the short letter I wrote to her in English and Spanish:

Dear Magnolia,

25 and a half years ago you made the decision to put me up for adoption.  I

want to thank you for that choice.  I have grown up with 2 loving parents

and many positive experiences in life.  I got to go to summer camp every

year, play sports, I have gone to a university and have earned my bachelors

degree.  I wouldn't change anything about my life, except I would like to

meet you.  My whole life I have thought of you and wondered what you are

like, what you look like, and if we are similar.  I would be honored to get to

meet you, the woman who gave me life and opportunity.

With love,

Sara


Querida Magnolia:

Hace 25 años y medio tomaste la decisión de darme en adopción. Deseo agradecerte por esa decisión. He crecido con dos padres amorosos y muchas experiencias positivas en mi vida. Tengo que ir a un campamento de verano cada año, practico deportes, he ido a una universidad y he obtenido un título profesional. No cambiaría nada en mi vida, excepto que quiero conocerte. Mi vida entera he pensado en ti y me pregunto cómo eres, cómo luces, si nos parecemos. Estaría honrada de llegar a conocerte, la mujer que me dio la vida y la oportunidad.

Con amor

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment