Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Friendship

Good people come in and out of your life throughout the years, today I spent the day with one of those people.  The volunteer house often reminds me of summer camp, everyone is here for a different amount of time, you bond with people on many different levels, and you live together for a while.  I know that I will remember everyone that was here, because of everything that has transpired throughout this journey.  I really hope to continue my friendship with Erika, she has made this experience much more carefree and fun for me.  We went to the Usaquen Market this morning, I got a lot of souvenirs and gifts for family and friends.  My favorite purchase was this painting, it was made by a 13 year old boy right in front of me.  He was outgoing, sweet, and talented.  The painting was less than 8 US dollars, so Erika and I each gave him more for our paintings.  When so many kids in this country or anywhere can choose to make bad decisions with their life and go down dangerous paths, it is nice to see a kid embracing his talent and showing it off in a productive way.

This picture is a little blurry as I snapped it quick, but the painting is really great.



Later Erika and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a nice dinner together.  The food was good, and the waiters were all really friendly.  I ate too much, and the food was a little pricey but it was fun none the less.  Thats all for today folks, I am going to finish my book and head off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment