Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

GOAL!!

I started the day off by going to feed the homeless.  I had to leave the project early today to meet one of the people who helped aid in my search for Magnolia.  I was a little disappointed to leave the project early, and it is most likely going to have been my last day there, which I realized later today and therefore didn't say goodbye to anyone :(...

The meeting went well, and the woman teared up a little when I was telling her about my experience.  Which in turn of course made me tear up too.  Afterwards I retreated back to the apartment and continued to edit the video for Magnolia and my parents also.  It has been quite a production because the sound from my home movies circa 1989 is completely off.  I have to detach the audio and then line up the sound clip by clip.  I finally finished tonight!!  Now all that I have left to do is buy blank dvd's tomorrow and burn baby burn.

At 3:30 this afternoon me and all of the other volunteers (rare to have us all together) went to a local bar and watched Colombia beat Paraguay in Futbol aka Soccer!  We all had are soccer jerseys on, and the atmosphere in the bar was fantastic!  People even smiled and spoke to us on the street, which by the way is really rare here.  This was definitely the highlight of my day! The game was over by 5:30 and we headed back to the apartment just before 7 for dinner.  Most of the volunteers went back out, but I chose to finish editing and then I watched a movie with Claudia.  I should have lots of pics for this post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment