Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mount Monserrate

 Guillermo and I ventured to the top of Mount Monserrate this afternoon.  He picked me up around 5, a later start than I expected (I have learned that this is the Colombian way).  We arrived to the Mountain and it was still light.  Right before we got on the cable car, BOOM! The loudest burst of thunder....really settling as you are about to get into a small cable car!  Guillermo assured me that we would be fine, so we continued into the car.  The top of Monserrate is 10,341feet above sea level.  Did I mention I don't like heights!
 View as we went to the top.



It quickly became night time and I caught the transition on film, it was breathtaking.  It started to cloud as well, and eventually started raining heavily.  Despite the rain I got some pretty cool shots.




While we sought cover from the downpour, we stood in this area of the church outside, there were lights that changed colors and I tried to capture my favorite color.  Pretty close.

Guillermo translated my 6 page letter that my bm gave me last weekend.  There was a lot of info about her family issues and her struggles throughout life.  She made some really nice statements about always thinking of me on my birthday, and being proud of the person I am today.  


A snapshot of the architecture inside the church.



Back at the base of the mountain, blurry but still a nice pic.  Seeing most of Bogota from late afternoon to evening, rain and shine was stunning.  My ears popped on the way up and down, and I was a little scared of the stability of the cable cars especially in the rain.  I have learned that in life sometimes the most scary things are the most worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment