Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Letters from Magnolia and Juliet

Last Tuesday during lunch I asked my friend Claudia who is also a volunteer here and speaks spanish fluently to translate letters I received from Magnolia and Juliet over the weekend.

Juliet wrote how she had always wished to have a sister, and how happy she is to have her dream come true.  She told me that the distance is difficult, but I will always be in her heart.  She wants to be able to tell me everything and hopes that we can improve with our language difficulties.  She told me that she learned a lot from my letters to her, that not only am I beautiful but that I am a marvelous person on the inside.  She told me that she has a passion for animals and especially dogs, that she feels like they are peoples truest companions.

I love my sister, she is such an amazing person.  Her letter made me feel really special, and closer to her.  Now that I am back, I miss her a lot.  I emailed her via Facebook on friday and am awaiting a response.

My bm wrote a lot, it was a little more difficult to have translated but here is the gyst.  Magnolia said she is so blessed after loosing a child, to have another child in her life.  She is grateful to get to know me, and learn who I am as a person.  She said she feels unworthy of everything that has happened and the gifts I have given her.  She said she tried to show me her humble life as it always is.  She said that I am a grand person who is a Princess because I am not only beautiful on the outside but I am on the inside too.  She wants to stay in touch, and when I visit I can always stay with her.  She loves me a lot. She signed it and underneath wrote: My beautiful star in the sky.

As I got to know Magnolia, I determined that she has had a rough life, and has dealt with tragedy and loss throughout.  She takes pride in her children, and grand child.  She is a loving person, and she is an emotional person.  She cares about me, is curious about me, and wants to continue to know me.  I tried to explain to her on many occasions that she owes me nothing, and has given me so much through her choice.  I am happy to have met her, and despite the hard times she has persevered and is a really good person.  I will miss her, but I found the answers and closure I needed regarding this mystery.  Now I can just build this relationship if its possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment