Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Last Day at Soacha :(


Today was sadly my last day volunteering with the kids, the classes went really well.  I handed out crayons (3 per child), pencils, sharpeners, erasers, and markers to all my students.  These were the donated items from the new volunteers.  The kids were so appreciative, and then we used all of the items for our lesson.  I told them to draw pictures with the crayons and pencils of halloween and anything that has to do with it, ie witches, ghosts, pumpkins etc.  They learned what the english words were and how to spell them all, but also had a lot of fun drawing them.  When I went to teach my second class, there was a knock on the door and one of the students from my previous class (5th Grade) asked me to return to that classroom.  I was able to because I had 2 new volunteers with me today, so they were managing while I went back upstairs.  When I entered the classroom, all of the kids presented me with cards they made for me, and hugs begging me not to leave.  It was so nice to know that they enjoyed my classes so much, even though I haven't taught them that often.


Once home I read all the cards, and most of them called me their favorite teacher, and said they learned a lot in my classes.  Here are all the cards I got, and there are some drawings also that the second class today gave me too.  The kids are sweet, and I was sad to say goodbye.  I know I'll be back to Colombia, and I will be sure to at least return to the school in Soacha to teach at least once per visit. 


6th Grade Class



5th Grade Class
A beautiful drawing using the wonderful donated crayons.


Tonight we went to gringo night, so much fun!! 9 volunteers went this time, we met up with some friends from previous gringo night adventures.  We took 5 people in one cab, so the picture above is us all squishing in the back of the cab.



No comments:

Post a Comment