Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Short and Sweet

The kids at Hogar went on a field trip today, so the options for volunteering were between Homeless and Abuelitas.  I chose homeless because it was more up my ally than working with the abuelitas again.  We started helping by peeling potatoes, and I found a worm in one of mine (yuck!) I am not good with that kind of stuff.  A group of kids came in and started helping us cut various vegetables, they were also singing which was a nice addition.  Once the homeless came in, we served them all soup and the kids sung to them.  There were so many hands helping out, during service at times there was nothing for me to do.  Its better to have too many people helping than to have no one!  A woman came in with her 2 sons, younger than 10 I would guess.  I was happy to see the people in the shelter give her extra bread and a container for extra soup.  The homeless people were making sure to give her their leftovers too.  The amount of selflessness shown by these other starving people was moving.

Later Erika and I tuned into Grey's Anatomy which was much better this week than last!  We went to Andres for dinner, it was on the pricier side for Colombia but I still didn't spend more than 30$ US, and it was delish!








 Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment