Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Last Weekend with Magnolia

Wow, what a weekend I have had!  As you can see by the time stamp on this post it is almost 4 in the morning.  Yesterday I tried to go on the Graffiti tour in the afternoon, but it was cancelled (which I didn't find out until waiting 45 minutes for the guide to show up.  Luckily he said we could go for sure on thursday.  The rest of my afternoon I spent trying to burn the dvd for Magnolia, it took almost 4 hours.

Guillermo and I took the Transmilenio to Magnolia's area around 6:30, and once there I bought her a dvd player for her birthday.  I got to her house and said goodbye to Guillermo.  Once inside I gave her the gift, she loved it.  We watched the movie and 3 minutes in, it froze.  Ugh, so much time on the video and it didn't work.  With the dvd player we were able to watch video's of my brother Freddy, and my sisters quinceanera.  My sister came home at 11 from studying, and we hung out for a while.  It was fun and more comfortable this time.

We woke up mid morning, and had soup with carne for breakfast.  It was Magnolia's birthday so I didn't know what to expect as far as activities went for the day, but it ended up being a lazy morning through afternoon.  It was nice.  We had lunch later, of homemade hamburgers.  Then we got ready and headed out.  We went to a centro de commercial which is a mall relatively close to my apartment, so Magnolia was able to take me home after the mall.  It was fun, we took a lot of photos and ate helado aka ice cream.  Once back at the apartment, Magnolia came up and was able to watch the video on my computer.  She made a few comments about how expensive my phone is, and she asked how many apartments we own, and also if my parents have always worked.  This time I just ignored the comments about how expensive everything is, told her that my parents have always worked, and that we don't own many apartments or houses.  After that she just enjoyed the movie.  I made plans to see them one last time tomorrow, I think it will be sad to say goodbye.  Magnolia cares a lot about me, and loves me a lot.  I think she still feels guilt about not being able to raise me.














We were able to FaceTime with my parents tonight, which was awesome.  One of the most profound things that Magnolia told my parents was that I was never hers, I was always their baby.  I agree, I was meant for my parents, as they were meant for me.

2 comments:

  1. "One of the most profound things that Magnolia told my parents was that I was never hers, I was always their baby. I agree, I was meant for my parents, as they were meant for me."

    Wow! What a beautiful thing for your birth mom to say to your parents. That must have made them feel incredible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know totally, I was moved and so were they! :)

      Delete