Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween and Gringo Night!

I woke up at 4:45 to say goodbye to Erika this morning, so sad.   I miss her, and I cant say I laughed quite as much today :(.  One benefit is that I expect to get details on the airport and customs issues, although after reading her blog I think I will not crack under pressure like she did.  She wrote that she forgot her birthday because she was so nervous! LOL.  Here are some pictures of us being goofy.






















Today was a really fun day.  I went to Soacha which in total today was an almost 4 hour commute for 2 hours of activity, for that reason and the lack of kids we will not be going back to Soacha this week.  We had the kids make Halloween masks today, which anyone that knows me knows I love Halloween!  So this was great.



We finished early so I made paper cranes for one boy and then of course everyone wanted one, so I made a bunch.  Also I taught 2 boys how to do a square stitch with lanyard/gimp.  This was really rewarding because they really enjoyed it and I think they will take it on as a pass time.

We took the kids that are going to Disney World home with us to our apartment, when they were leaving the parents seemed so nervous and the kids were so excited.  I realized that this might be the only time the kids ever leave the country, and they might be the first in their families to.


Later, the new volunteers and I went to Gringo Night at La Villa.  It was great fun last time with Danny, and did not disappoint this time!  I met up with the Colombian friends I made last time, and made some new ones too.  We caught the same cab driver that Danny and I had last time, and I kid you not it was a party cab!  Strobe lights, reggaeton, and a black light at the stops.  SO fun!

Gringo Night

Cab ride

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    How wonderful that you were able to "pass it forward" to the children of your country!

    ReplyDelete