Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I Miss, and What I Don't

Things I will miss from or about Colombia:


  • Birth Family
  • Other Volunteers
  • Kids at Soacha and Hogar
  • Everybody at the homeless project
  • Arepas and other street food
  • Arequipe
  • Talking freely in English without being understood
  • Mountains
  • Limon Chips
  • Not always being connected and not worrying about it
  • Gringo Night
  • Cheap Meals
  • Cheap Mani's
  • Having more than 10,000 dollars on me at a time (in pesos of course) lol
  • Having Juan Valdez coffee every day
  • Crepes and Waffles

Things I will not miss:


  • Not having television or technology
  • Public Transportation
  • Taxi drivers
  • Crossing the street aka playing frogger with my life daily
  • Putting toilet paper in the garbage
  • Random places not having toilet seats
  • Converting money in my head all the time
  • Always having to buy bottled water at restaurants (they never give tap)
  • Over cooked steak
  • Lack of seasoning on food
  • All the stray and hungry dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment