Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hogar & Home

I went to Hogar the orphanage again today, it was the first time since last week.  I tutored a girl named Luna, she was one of the girls I have assisted in tutoring with Lupe and Erika.  She is so bright and such a quick learner.  

After Hogar, I headed back to the apartment to relax and to start making a video for Magnolia and my family back home of our first meeting.  I thought it along with a short home movie from when I was 2 would be a good gift for Magnolia's birthday this weekend.  I will be spending Saturday night and Sunday with her and Juliet.  I am happy I get more time with them, and when I was watching the video while editing it over the last few hours I realized how special they are.  Everyone has faults, and we are all human, but I really lucked out for the most part.  I will be writing another letter to Magnolia and one for Juliet tomorrow, and I will post both.  I hope this weekend is a success, and I hope she likes the dvd's.  I had to search a few times on youtube for tutorials on how to edit and add music etc.  For the movie I chose the song "Home" by Phillip Phillips, many of you probably would recognize it from this years Olympics as an introduction to the Women's Gymnastics team.  I have been listening to this song since before I came to Colombia.  I love this song and when I listen to it here I think of it as the voice being myself.  I will hold on to myself during this trip, and it is an unfamiliar road I am traveling.  I can make this journey positive, and not be afraid.  I will not get lost because I know who I am, and I am not alone here or anywhere, because I have my wonderful family and best friends at home no matter what happens.  The song starts out the movie, and ends it.  If it didn't take 2 hours to try and upload a 19 second video on here and Facebook when I tried before I would share it.  I will consider putting it on youtube when I come home to Cambridge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment